How to arm/activate a car alarm system using a telephone call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluivert

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing my grad. project on GSM car alarm, i wonder how can i activate the system or put it in the arm mode by a telephone call from the car owner, is this will be hardware or software technique ???

Thanx in advance

GSM Car alarm system

I had had a problem like you.
I have sold them with a GSM phone ERICSSONA A1018s. I opened the keyboard and conect contacs vith MCU (in my case DAQ NI USB6008). Then I have wrote (drawn) the software with LabView and it worked then.

Reactions: karis

karis

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: GSM Car alarm system

Its pretty simple thing, but tell me which controller and modem are you using for your project other than your mobile phone. When u say how to activate the system what do u mean and it involves both hardware and software and AT command interaction between modem and controller and your phone.

Please let me know what is your doubt clearly as u may not have much time in graduation project.

I am using GSM phone Siemens SL55 and microcontroller ATmega8515, mainly my project is based on many AT commands, so how can i activate the system by a gsm call when the car owner forgat to switch ON the Car alarm as other other available products

Ex:

Hi,
If the mocro processor is interfaced to car alarm system and the GSM phone, it can interpret a receved SMS as a command to turn on the alarm system.

Regards,
Laktronics

karis

GSM Car alarm system

it helps

GSM Car alarm system

OK

karis

GSM Car alarm system

Hmmm... Don't remember anyone asking if they could use a screen shot of one our products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…