Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to analyse the role of M55 and M56?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjxcom

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all: this schemetic in attachment is a fully differential OPA which includes CMFB. Now, please look at this circuit, I do not know what is the role of M55 and M56. I think this two MOS transistor is unnecessary.

M55 & M56 only carry small amount of current. They are not active transistors, so they don't involve in ac analysis. I guess these two transistors just provide enough biasing current for the M13 & M14 to increase the gm of (M13 & M14). More system information are required (e.g. your circuit application, types of signal your circuit are required to process, supply voltage, current consumption requirement and etc...)before we can understand the whole circuit.

it look like a initial state circuit.
this is to say, it make the output is low when the circuit setup.

Hi, sunking: would you explain why M55 and M56 can make the output is low when the circuit setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.