Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to alleviate the effect of slew rate in a single ended telescopic op amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsttimedesigning

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to alleviate the effect of slew rate in a single ended telescopic op amp(please see
)?

So far i know i can use coupling transistors but i am not sure where to put them.

Re: Slew Rate

slew rate can be improved by increasing the output current capacity of the amplifier or decreasing the load capacitor....

Or you can improve slew rate performance by reducing the line loss in long cables. This is affected both by the DC loop loss, as well as frequency-dependant losses caused by skin effect in the cable.

Using an equalizer can help to restore lost high frequencies, in digital or analog signal transmission. There are lots of new ideas in this area... check out National Semiconductor's "Analog Design Show" for some ideas, or look at some of the line equalizer products from Intersil.

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
slew rate can be improved by increasing the output current capacity of the amplifier or decreasing the load capacitor....

i think the tail current source in important, too.

i think the tail current source in important, too.

yes of course... we can increase output current by increasing tail current only....[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back