Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add "vdsat" to annotate DC Operating Points in DC analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw27

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I do a DC analysis and click annotate DC Operating Points it displays "id, vgs and vds". I would like it to include "vdsat" as well, how can I do that?

Thanks

display vgs vds cadence

hi,

you need to edit CDF (Component Discription Format) for your components.
Open CDF for nmos (pmos),
find "Interpreted Labels Information" chapter,
find line "opPointLabelSet" and add "vdsat"

candence annotate vdsat

Another method is as follows:
In the schematic window, select menu 'Edit/Label Display...', set the form entries:
Select Label: parameter
Apply To: cell
Then select a instance.
Set the form entries:
Operating Points
Then modifier the operating point variables to be displayed.

analog artist how to annotate gm

uladz55 said:
hi,

you need to edit CDF (Component Discription Format) for your components.
Open CDF for nmos (pmos),
~~how to open it?

find "Interpreted Labels Information" chapter,
find line "opPointLabelSet" and add "vdsat"

Added after 3 minutes:

Hughes said:
In the schematic window, select menu 'Edit/Label Display...', set the form entries:
Then select a instance.
Set the form entries:
why no form appear.

cadence number of transistor

xuel said:
Hughes said:
Then select a instance.
Set the form entries:
why no form appear.

Are you sure you have selected the menu "Edit / Label Display ..." from the schematic editor window?

cadence display gm operating point

Is there a limit on the number of transistor parameters you can display? Because for pmos I have id, vgs, vth, vds and vdsat and all of them are displayed, however for nmos vdsat is not displayed. Is there any way around it?

Thanks

vgs ids cadence nmos

ccw27 said:
Is there a limit on the number of transistor parameters you can display? Because for pmos I have id, vgs, vth, vds and vdsat and all of them are displayed, however for nmos vdsat is not displayed. Is there any way around it?

Yes. Modify the devices' CDF information according the method uladz55 posted. Then modify the symbol view and add a ilLabel: cdsParam(4). Now you will get four parameters displayed.

ids vds cadence

use result brower pls
in analog artist

cadence cdsparam

I want to see the vth and gm, operating region (satutation, linear, cutoff) of the transistors. And I want that these values have more digits. How could I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, In the editing window, go to view -> annotations -> setup -> then you select your specific library, cell and instance, and then edit the cdsparams according to your needs.

This is good for the transistor/transistors you select. But how can you do it for every transistor in the circuit, then save the settings and reuse them for another, completely different circuit without going through the choose device/set parameter cycle again?

What do you suppose more digits is going to provide
you, when you're lucky to have models that have
better than +/-10% match to reality-on-a-given-wafer?

cadence cdsparam

I want to see the vth and gm, operating region (satutation, linear, cutoff) of the transistors. And I want that these values have more digits. How could I do that?

Thanks in advance.

This is good for the transistor/transistors you select. But how can you do it for every transistor in the circuit, then save the settings and reuse them for another, completely different circuit without going through the choose device/set parameter cycle again?

Have you found solution for this?

I am having this situation right now.
I can use OP() command like in the picture. but it is for specific device. I tried to use wildcard ? and * to no avail.
1596816851455.png

By using annotation setup form it should be straight forward.

However, if you are looking for some more sophisticated way, check cdf documentation - there are commands with examples.

When I do a DC analysis and click annotate DC Operating Points it displays "id, vgs and vds". I would like it to include "vdsat" as well, how can I do that?

Thanks
check out the images I've attached.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    436.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 3.png
    3.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 2.png
    2.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 1.png
    1.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 302

Thanks. But then how do you use this same annotation setup on a completely different schematic without going through the same steps of choosing the DC parameters again?

Thanks. But then how do you use this same annotation setup on a completely different schematic without going through the same steps of choosing the DC parameters again?
you can save the cdf parameters as default and it'll appear for every schematic. check out the attachment for reference.

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 302

Save setup and then load it for new session or even load it during virtuoso start in cdsinit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back