Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add property to pcell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tea_xiao

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvsignore

I have already completed a pcell with skill. Now I want to add property to it in order to avoid lvs check. It seems that I should use dbCreateParamInst and dbCreateProp to do it. But i don't know how to use them.

Who can give me some advice?

<p:cell message properties

You may
Use cdsdoc (or openbook) and cdsFinder to find the usage of these two functions.
Or
Try to use pcCellView~>lvsIgnore="TRUE"

dbcreateparaminst

I know how to the usage of these two functions.
But I don't know where I should add the two functions in?
*.il? *.cdf?

update cdf pcell

In *.il. In the function body of pcDefinePCell.

pcell modify

Ya this is correct that you can specify the properties in pcDefinePcell function body...

but this will be a fixed value....in this way u have to change your skill file to change the prpperties of pcell...

For Automatic change of properties of Pcell you have to edit its CDF...

Go to icfb window and go to tools -> CDF -> Edit....

A form will appear...select Type Base and click on add properties....

here you can add any property you want to add..remember those are dummy names and values you have to link your skill properties to that in CDF....

If you have any query then you can mail me at sachinkalra1982@yahoo.co.in

field dummy is not in form edit cdf form

ersachinkalra said:
Go to icfb window and go to tools -> CDF -> Edit....

A form will appear...select Type Base and click on add properties....

In this case you have to have write permission on this pcell, otherwise, system will give you error message,

Regards,
Ahmad,

lvsignore ture

Hi,

I want to have parasitic capacitors be included in the schematic but that won't pass lvs then. Importantly, I implement some caps by metal layers, but then the schematic cannot have caps to pass lvs. I wonder how I can do that. I tried to add lvsignore to the cdf of the cap or pcapacitor, but it didn't let me do that as I can only open it in read mode. I wonder how I should do that?

Thanks a lot.

icfb cdf edit

You can do it by editing it write mode only.. I dont see any other option

skill based pcells

It didn't let me edit it when CDF Type=base, but with CDF type=user , I added a parameter with following settings:

parameter type=string
name=lvsignore
defValue=TRUE

or

parameter type=boolean
name=lvsignore
prompt=lvsignore
defValue=t
but, then in the schematic, I can't specify the value of lvsignore; i.e., in properties:

under user propertiy: lvsignore
Master value (gray--> I can't enter the value)
Local value: checked

but still, it's not lvs-clean. I wonder if these settings are not right. Do I need to add or modify anything else?

Thanks a lot.

Re: skill based pcells

I have the same issue. But I found people can add a user property in symbol view. But have no idea how?

fathi said:
It didn't let me edit it when CDF Type=base, but with CDF type=user , I added a parameter with following settings:

parameter type=string
name=lvsignore
defValue=TRUE

or

parameter type=boolean
name=lvsignore
prompt=lvsignore
defValue=t
but, then in the schematic, I can't specify the value of lvsignore; i.e., in properties:

under user propertiy: lvsignore
Master value (gray--> I can't enter the value)
Local value: checked

but still, it's not lvs-clean. I wonder if these settings are not right. Do I need to add or modify anything else?

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back