Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to add one more parallel port in my computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engraxate

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All
I bought a new computer and I need one more parallel port. but there are only pci slots. Are there any pci cart with one or two parallel ports ? Where can I find ?

Yes, it is ...

Look at SIIG Brand...

If you have new computer, you can get USB to Parallel as well.

eYe

There are lots of them: you can find pci cards that generate 1 parallel or cards that generate some serial and 1 or 2 parallel... There are different combinations, for example:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

A second option is a switch that you connect to your parallel port and let you switch with up to 4 external parallel ports, only one at a time.

Regards

If you bought a new computer i think it hasn't isa port. So i recommend to use pci not usb. Becouse Pci bus have more irq. In advance you can use more than one lpt ports with irq sharing. But usb devices aren't so useful.

Any decent computer store will have
the interface card you need.

Nick C.

If you check out Pricewatch, under I/O - Controllers, you will find lots of parallel port ISA or PCI cards for sale. Some PCI versions for $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back