Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add AWGN to signal using Octave coding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfiteri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

who can guide me to do the above??

thanks

You should use awgn function from communications package.

Max,
Thanx for your replies...you mean the Matlab communication tool box? it is similar to octave syntax?

Max,
Thanx for your replies...you mean the Matlab communication tool box? it is similar to octave syntax?
I mean Octave communications package. Before You use it, You should load this package by typing: "pkg load communications" (providing that You installed it earlier).

Max,

I have downloaded the communication tool for octave and extract it in a folder..how i am going to load it max? i m newbies in octave...guidance pls
thanx

Last edited:

I have downloaded the communication tool for octave and extract it in a folder..how i am going to load it max? i m newbies in octave...guidance pls
thanx

Are You sure that this package isn't installed? You can check it by typing "pkg list" in Octave command line. This command shows all packages which are already installed. Maybe it would be enough to load it?

If You use Windows You usually don't have to install communications package because it's installed by default. You have to load it only. You can do it typing "pkg load communications" in an Octave command line.

However if You use Linux you have to install package by running Octave, and typing "pkg install communications-X.Y.tar.gz" (I don't know which version You have). Obviously at the end You should load the package as I described above.

More information about installing and removing packages You find there: Packages - GNU Octave

I dont have any packages installed but i manage to installed one eventhough with some errors(prompted in red colour during installation)..i assume that i still manage to install. am i right max?i have loaded it but nothing apprear on the prompt command..it is errors max?

I use windows XP service pack 3.

Well, I think You should install Octave ver. 3.2.4 for Windows, then run it, and type: pkg load communications. There is no need to install communications package separately because it's installed by default. That's all.

Octave for Windows You can find here: Octave-Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.