Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to achieve a 24bit D/A conversion with 3 independent 8 bit D/A converters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey im using three TLC5620 D/A converters in my project. My problem is how to achieve a 24bit D/A conversion with 3 independent 8 bit D/A converters connected in cascade.

Re: doubt on D/A

hi davood ! I think it is possible. One way I got is to connect the o/p of first dac to the reference of second D/A and o/p of second D/A to reference of third and take final o/p from the third one.
howz this?
But is there any other effective cost utilisation method ?

doubt on D/A

sorry, i mistake on reading D/A and think it is A/D!
you can use resistor divider by 256 for second and (65536) for 3rd DAC and summing 3 DAC result.
but i think it has severe accuracy and linearity problem.

Ya Davood, accuracy and linearity are affected but it is all in between 1/2 to 1LSB or 3 to 4 mvolts. Then how to overcome this?

doubt on D/A

yes it is between 1/2 to 1 LSB , but LSB bit of 8 not LSB bit of 24!

Well, How to increase the accuracy and linearity?

doubt on D/A

It depend on accuracy of each DAC. specially MSB section (1st DAC), and 2nd. DAC.

ya, i got it davood. Though the linearity is getting out of track in microvolts it is in the specified range only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back