Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access port using C++ under Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARRYNOV

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to access port using c++ under windows xp?

Re: access port

In windows XP you don't have direct access to ports.
You must write own kernel mode driver that can interfacing directly to ports or use this h**p://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm - this kernel driver allow windows application read/write direct to any port.

access port

i has tryed that but it is not work. Can you give me a snippet program in c++ to use porttalk. i has installed it on c:\windows\system32\drivers directory and i has run ollawio.exe. thanks.

Why its not work? I check this driver some time ago, and all work fine. Sample sources are available in porttalk22.zip package.

it can be that it does not work by the SP2 of XP ... passes that to me now

to get direct acces on XP, Try UserPort by Tomas Franzon based on an article written by Dale Roberts 8/30/95, published in May 96 Dr
Dobbs Journal, see www.ddj.com.

or Eltima's vport.ocx , vportxp for virtual ports

May be you can try out the active control or IO dll at www.geocities.com/bagtool/parallel_access.html

My VB program under XP & Win2K which controlling my water heaters & lighting is working well under the activex/IO dll above.

Oh ya... please check whether your computer's parallel port is on ECP mode (bi-directional) which can be used to read or write the port. If it is on SPP mode (one way), then it can write data to port only.

heino:idea:

access port

Hi all,

i am new to programming in VisualC#.NET.

Is there any (simple) way in which i can access the COM port (read/write to XML device connected to it) using either Wndows Application (prefered) or Console Application!!

The "using System.IO.Ports" is not available in VS.NET 2003. Likewise the 'MSComm' control.

Please help.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back