Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access IOT router at remote location using their static or ddns ip address

kumarr123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have iot router usr-g781. I want to access this router at remote location using their static or dynamic ip address, can it is possible?
how will I know the static IP or dynamic?

Hi,

if I had to solve this problem I´d start with reading the datasheet.
You did not tell whether you did the same, what you did understand, what is unclear .. nor do you post a link to the datasheet.

Your internet provider tells whther the IP is static or not. In my area it is dynamic - unless we pay for the "static IP feature".
How dynamic DNS works and what providers there are tells an internet search.

Klaus

Hi,

if I had to solve this problem I´d start with reading the datasheet.
You did not tell whether you did the same, what you did understand, what is unclear .. nor do you post a link to the datasheet.

Your internet provider tells whther the IP is static or not. In my area it is dynamic - unless we pay for the "static IP feature".
How dynamic DNS works and what providers there are tells an internet search.

Klaus
Hi
this is the link of the router https://www.pusr.com/support/downloads/user-manual-usr-g781-datasheet.html

The question has to be addressed to your mobile phone provider. Mobile internet hosts can't be necessarily reached by incoming connections because the network possibly uses the same IP address for multiple hosts. In this case DDNS won't work. You'd need to setup a VPN involving another server.

The router datasheet just tells that it can support DDNS, but the question is if the mobile also does.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: