Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access flash memory of LPC2106

Status
Not open for further replies.

cippalippa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm new in the microcontroller word and I try to use the LPC2106 for a litte project.
I need to write the micro's flash memory when the firmware is running (in order to save some user data, like address, name etc...); may sameone say me if is possible and how can I do this?
thanks in advance

Daniele

Flash access LPC2106

I'ts impossible to write the flash while the Lpc is running! The only solution is to run it from a external Sram! Or use a External memory.

Flash access LPC2106

Well, that is most definitely a wrong answer from Cortex,
"I'ts impossible to write the flash while the Lpc is running!"
Wrong
"The only solution is to run it from a external Sram! Or use a External memory."
Wrong again.
1. there is no external memory bus, so there is no external code execution.
2. You can run from internal SRAM while programming the Flash, in fact the only time you need to run from the SRAM is sfter issueing the program command through IAP and before you get the "done condition"
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.