Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access common ports via programming lg in WinXP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avr_micro

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Win x*p problem

Hello.I want to access the common ports such as parallel or serial or ... by a language(such as c++ or vc++ or...).but it dosent response in xp version.can any body help me?

Re: Win x*p problem

I've heard many of this kind of problem :)
But actually i don't know how to solve it detailly. I just know that in windows 2000, NT, XP you must access the windows API function in it's kernel. Not applying the data directly using outp or the other command, it;s useless. Unless you made your program in 16 bit mode like pascal, old C or even Assembler. I often made small programs using Assembler to access port and it's work on mentioned above OS. So here is the idea : You made your own program, made 1 macro (function) to execute a 16 bit (DOS) based program to control the ports directly (use FCB like this -> 'c:\myprog.exe 200' where 200 is the value that you want to emit to the port). This strategy works only for output, nor the input.
Hope this helps you. If it can't go to :arrow: www.programmersheaven.com, many solutive sources there!

Hi,

There are freely available .dll's you can use for this, and commercial ones. Try this:

**broken link removed**

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

Using Serial Ports in windows is pretty similar to handling files. Why do it the hard way? You have an OS (Although it is just Windows) that can handle the hardware IO for you. Don't re-invent the wheel, use it!

msdn link for more info:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnfiles/html/msdn_serial.asp

Antharax

if you wanna do it the 'easy' way use a dll (but then don't complain if it doesn't exactly do what you want!)

Win x*p problem

See also, TVicHW32 & TVicPort.
**broken link removed**

ZeRoN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back