Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to abort a modelsim do file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title indicates,

How can I abort a do file in modelsim?

I have start_sim.do. It takes multiple minutes etc...I want to be able to cancel or pause it before it comes across any compile errors....enabling me to fix them on the fly

Regards,
Wes

I think you are using it in batch mode right?

In that case in your TCL script you can use the command:
onerror - specifies one or more commands to be executed when a Tcl command in a dofile encounters an error; not dependent on a run command

separate the compile and run simulation into two separate do scripts?

I thought it always halted on error anyway

separate the compile and run simulation into two separate do scripts?
I thought it always halted on error anyway

Yes that's the ideal way to do it. Don't know about ModelSim, but in VCS one can specify the no. of errors after which the process will halt.

I have found myself using the up /down arrows in the transcript and sometimes selecting the wrong do file.

I wanted to know if I could then kill the run of the do file. (like ctrl+C or ctrl+z in Linux)

In addition a pause feature would be nice ...however what tricky dicky mentioned about splitting the do file into multiple smaller do files is probably best.

Below the 'Bookmarks' drop-down there is a 'Break' button. Wouldn't pressing that solve your purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back