Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How the program from PROM is transferred to SRAM in FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilalkadri

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SRAM in FPGA

Can any one tell me how the program from PROM is transferred to SRAM and how the data is organized in the SRAM.

SRAM in FPGA

In FPGA there is special serial port which can transfer configuration data from ROM to SRAM. For organization of data. you can reference some FPGA books. Different architectures have different organization.

Re: SRAM in FPGA

Try this book.. design warriro's guide to programming in FPGA.. there are types of FPGA programming which include SRAM and Anti fuse method.. i shall upload some materials and the book Design warriror's guide, if u really want it :)

reply for the uploads,

with regards,

Yes , I am interesting in that book .. can you upload and info me ..please..

Hi,
i think the book is already uploaded. check the link.

thanks
sawaak

bilalkadri said:
Can any one tell me how the program from PROM is transferred to SRAM and how the data is organized in the SRAM.

several configuration mode, let's use Xilinx as example, I use SelectMAP mode to download fpga data, which I like it very much, because I can still use the COnfiguration port as regular CPU port after the FPGA is started.
I refer to use this because it allow software to online update the flash memory and online update the fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back