Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how smoke detector work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elegance

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I need to study how the smoke detetor works?
plz help me about this topic.
ionization technology?
ok

thanX:D

elegance wrote:
I need to study how the smoke detector works?
Please googling with this keyword how the smoke detector works, you can find many answers

Dear

Few months back I developed smoke detector with using Motorola Ic, Its basically made for smoke detector.In smoke detector generally i used one receiver & one photo transmitter.The photo transmitter always transmite light and when smoke come the light scattered and the same received by photo receiver which placed at particular angle,Its gives pulse to the above mentioned ic and its gives a single through a led. For any further infrmation contac me.

Thanks

most smoke detectors work on the principle of change in the light falling on a photodetector due to presence of smoke in between the light source and the detector.. so you really dont need any high-fundoo designs too.. if you are very good at analog design, you can make all sorts of smoke detectors without any embedded technology... the principle remains the same...

as for the ionization technology idea, my opinion is that it really isnt required unless you are looking for a particular smoke.. i mean smoke with a particular chemical content...

did i help?

regards,
wiztronix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back