Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW?: simulate rs-232 into Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomba

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rs232 proteus

I need to simulate an rs232 transmission and reception, with a 16f84a programmed into ccs. My problem is, how can I do to test rs-232 data and input (receive) rs232 data?.
Thanks in advance

rs232 in proteus

With Virtual Terminal, for example. I just debugged an array of soft UARTS with Virtual Terminal and Oscilloscope in Proteus.

proteus virtual terminal command

You can do as dimmy said
or
try to learn how to use COMPIM for real RS232...
you can use null-modem cable to work with PC application also..
As i did before i made the AVR program for GPS display and connected to both GPS simulator and real GPS

proteus virtual rs

Dear bomba

you can found sample in proteus using uARt and serial port
It name " termecho.dsn" if you don't have it tell me and i will send it for you

S 8O KRAT

termecho.dsn

hey i want that termecho.dsn
i have also same prob

16f84a rs232 con proteus

bomba said:
I need to simulate an rs232 transmission and reception, with a 16f84a programmed into ccs. My problem is, how can I do to test rs-232 data and input (receive) rs232 data?.
Thanks in advance

Use the Virtual terminal. With Virtual terminal, you can print/type asci characters to be received or to be send. It's very usefull and easy to use. It is like to use a serial port with Hyper terminal.

proteus rs232 real

Or you can script you signal with an EasyHDL Generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back