Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how setup time reduce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil_ic

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I found that if we connect more flip flop in cascade then we can reduce the setup time. Is it true ? how ?
Thanks

hi sunil
no yaar .first u r increase the time period and decrease the delay of data path

Added after 2 minutes:

vamsi

Hi Sunil,

Normally when we see a very long data path betn flops, the setup tends to violate. One of teh ways to fix it is to break the data path into two by inserting a flop in between. Thus, it appears as a cascade!!!

hi,
possible only with parallel processing.:idea:

thanx......

Dear,
You misunderstood my question. Actually I have a flip flop of standard cell library. Now its setup time is fixed. Recently in one interview I was asked how can we reduce that setup time. And the answer was, if we connect the flip flops in cascade we can reduce the setup time with out touching the combinational logic. But I am confused how can it happen ? Say we have two flip flop having 1ns setup time and in between those flops we have combinational logic having 150ns propagation delay. now clock is running such that setup time violation occuring. So without touching the combinational logic and clock, how can we to reduce the setup time of the second flipflop to 0.5ns ?
Thanks

hi sunil
I read ur question.
we can not change the minimum setup time req of 2nd ff.
I think setup time violation for 2nd FF can be avoided by putting a buffer in clock path of 2nd FF.So that clk edge will come late(buffer delay) at 2nd FF,where as data is present at usual time.
I'm not getting the concept of cascading of FF.
thanks, eager to hear from u.

I also eager to know the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back