Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how serial to parallel conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsanelahimirza

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

plz tell me how to convert data output from serial ports to parallel data

which ICs are usually used and how the Baud Rate is adjusted for conversion purpose

The 74ALS164A is what you need, A serial-in/parallel-out shift register is similar to the serial-in/ serial-out shift register in that it shifts data into internal storage elements and shifts data out at the serial-out, data-out, pin. It is different in that it makes all the internal stages available as outputs. Therefore, a serial-in/parallel-out shift register converts data from serial format to parallel format.

how to convert data output from serial ports to parallel data
Do you mean PC Serial Data Port (COM port)?
If so then you need UART (Universal Asynchronous Reciever/Transmitter).
Normally UART is build inside the microcontroller chip (years ago there stand alone UART chip).

It is easy build that circuit, you need 1 20 pin AT89C2051 Microcontroller chip, 1 MAX232 TTL-RS232 Volatage Translator chip, 1 cristal. If you interested, I'll send you the schematic and source program to build one.

yes i want to convert data from PC com port

i m trying to get TIME out of serial port using assembly and then want to convert it to 7 segment LED displays

more ideas and help plz

TIME out of serial port using assembly and then want to convert it to 7 segment LED displays
How many digit do you want for your 7 segment LED Display?

all the thing is to display time that is

min from 00--->59
hour from 00--->24 or 12

59 consists upon 6 bits of data so max number of data bits used will be 6
if i want to display minutes and hours one by one

but if i want to send both minutes and hours at output simultaneously then i will need 6+5=11 bits

then how i could do that
thanks in advance for help

59 consists upon 6 bits of data so max number of data bits used will be 6
if i want to display minutes and hours one by one

but if i want to send both minutes and hours at output simultaneously then i will need 6+5=11 bits
PC COM port transmit 8 bits each time.

you transmit a 8 bit data 4 times to transmit whole minute and hour data

then how to do serial to parallel conversion which microcontroller or IC to be used
plz explain all the thing

This is the circuit to interface PC COM port to Serial to Parallel Coverter plus 4 digit 7 segment display
70_1166675756.gif

Serial to Parallel Coverter plus 4 digit 7 segment display circuit
86_1166675788.gif

now the last thing

if u plz send me the code or exe which is to be burnt ob 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back