Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How often do you use IP core generators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohh2

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some FPGA vendors offer IP core generators (e.g. Core Generators from Xilinx) which can be used to generate netlists of circuit modules of various types and complexities for FPGA designs. My question is how often do you use these tools provided by FPGA vendors.

I use Xilinx Coregen as often as it's humanly possible, because it improves PAR results.

A lot, as it makes routing easier and takes up less gates than synthesized blocks. Often makes the difference between i.e. a 30k or 40k gate device. So, saves money

ASIC

I use the ip core generator tools as much as posssible.......cause.....it saves time (like ...in case u were gonna write ur own code for lets say a CORDIC Algorithm......it would be lot easier and less time consuming to use the coregen to implement it) and secondly makes ur routing a lot easier.

Aircraft Maniac

why some ip core gen from 1se can't synthesized pass (using m0dels1m)

core gen use

Its always preferable to use core gen's ..since it is highly optimised for that device family and also
reduces lot of time & effort.i use it frequently

OK

3 main advantages of using Xilinx CoreGen:

1- shortens design cycle
2- generates error-free code
3- well documented design module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back