Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much will be the current

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmahesh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If we invert 12Vdc into 220Vac, 50Hz what extend of current (Amps) we can use from the output. Say it is 500W means we may use upto 2Amps., is it right, after getting that output is it possible to stepup up into higher current rate upto 8Amp with same 230Vac? If so what can we do with the transformer or circuit and what would be the forumla we've to use? Please kindly give me in detail:cry:

P=V*I
500W/220=~2A. You cannot get power from no where so this is the maximum current you can draw from this unit. You will need a more powerful unit if you want 240V at 8A
P=240*8=1.92KW!! That would mean
1.92KW/12 = 160A on the input.
Thats a lot of Amps!

Hello everybody, this is my first participation here, i hope to learn from you and help with my little skills.

About the calculation above, since the efficiency of any conversor is never 100%, you actually will need more input power than that, say some 12% or more (It depends on the tecnology used to built the DC-AC conversor). PWM/Power-MOSFETs circuits are the most efficient of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back