Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much performance improves with .18 vs .25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all

I plan to improve the performance of a design. And there is not complex data-path in this design. I have realized it with .25 technology. It can run with 133MHz.

If I don't want to modify the RTL codes, how much performance improves with .18 technology? How its frequence?

Thanks.

I cannot make sure the improvement from 0.25 to 0.18.
but i have tried 0.13 to 90nm, at least 50% improvement.
0.13 ---> TSMC
90ns -----> Fujisu

it provide low power consuption,high clock speed ,high design density.low cost per die !

heartfree said:
I cannot make sure the improvement from 0.25 to 0.18.
but i have tried 0.13 to 90nm, at least 50% improvement.
0.13 ---> TSMC
90ns -----> Fujisu
Hi, heartfree

What type is your design?
What is your 50% improvement in the design? Frequnce, power, and what??

Thanks

usually 180M to 200M. but sometims you need do some modification.

Hi,
With a change from 0.25 to 0.18 you can, considering everything else remaining the same, achieve close to 1.5 times the present clock rate and reduction in power by about 40%.
These are very generic estiimates.

it is not too hard to modified ur design from 250 nm to 180nm, but the power consum and the cost shud be considered , i think.

you can increase your logic's speed by 30% with 0.18 process than 0.25 process,

at the same time, you can reduce area by 40% with 0.18 process.

AlexWan said:
hi, all

I plan to improve the performance of a design. And there is not complex data-path in this design. I have realized it with .25 technology. It can run with 133MHz.

If I don't want to modify the RTL codes, how much performance improves with .18 technology? How its frequence?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back