Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how media gateway reduces burden in the MSC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperado1

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hi Desperado,

The media gateway that you were talking about is the media gateway/softswitch that carry the bearer? isn't the MSS/MSC is the controller of the media gateways using the H.248/MEGACO protocol?

desperado1 said:

Hi desperado1,

It reduces burden in the MSC by moving the switching capabilities to the MGw. The overall solution (Sofswitch) has a lot of benefits. I'm specialized in this area; let me know if you need more details.

Dear Masterpiece,

I am interested to learn more detail, could you please suggest any materials or brochures that give general informations?

what softswitch vendor is the best with the largest market share now?

zhi_yi said:
Dear Masterpiece,

I am interested to learn more detail, could you please suggest any materials or brochures that give general informations?

what softswitch vendor is the best with the largest market share now?

Hi zhi_yi,

The first supplier (vendor) in the market is Ericsson when it comes to market share and technology leadership.

Then comes NSN (Nokia Siemens Networks) in second place then Huawei from China in third place as per 2009-Q4 reports.

Softswitch Solution is available in Fixed (Wireline) Networks and is known as Telephony Softswitch Solution (TSS). It is also available, of course, in Mobile Networks and is known as Mobile Softswitch Solution (MSS).

To know more about MSS, I recommend this white paper from Ericsson about "Efficient Softswitching" that can be found here:

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.