Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Max. Load Current change the desgin? in the boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

kindly if i want the max. output current 1 A or I want it 50 Adc what things will be changed in my desgin for the boost converter

i all read in the net relates the output voltage with the duty cycle no one speak about the output currnet

i have test many circuit , it works so fine when there is a load ( in range of 10 mA ) but if less than the output voltage keep growing and if more than than say 2 or 4A and output voltage decreased alot

thanks for any tips

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 104

I would expect to see a diode in a boost converter. Have you built something or just simulated it? If you want a high output current you will also need a high input current so RL cannot be high. You need a feedback circuit to adjust the duty cycle depending on the output voltage. That would stop your output voltage from rising under light loads. There are other parameters to adjust - inductance and frequency for example.

Keith.

Nothing changes in a principle circuit like you presented. But there would be no RL in the ideal boost converter.

A real converter in contrast has series resistances respectively forward voltages of the switches, finite switching time, an inductor series resistance and core losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.