Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many pins does this ferrite transformer bobbin have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , pg287 is a different core, we are working with PM114/93

With your kindly explained convention for pins and part numbers, our former then has no pins at all....that's what I was afraid of.
Now how we are going to mount this in the pcb I do not know.

former part number = B65734B1000T001

former part number = B65734B1000T001
I believe the data sheet description "Coil former without solder pins" means what it says...

But options for number of solder pins is bold in part number
B65685B1016T001 which will be 00 without solder pins.

Note the p/n numbers in bold indicate the number of solder pins which matches the description regardless of prefix ferrite type. So 16 means 16 pins, 00 means no pins.

Thanks, so this transformer, when wound, will just have loose tails of coil ends dangling out of it....then some poor assembler has to try and figure out which "tail" solders into which thru-hole of the PCB...this is maybe why a 7kw SMPS should be implemented by two 3.5kw SMPS's in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.