Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how many memorys with one memory bist constroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel_on_on

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how many memorys with one memory bist constroller ?

who can tell me ? thanks a lot

is there a short list of factors that the typical industry approach takes into consideration? lostinxlation, you are person of few words :)

It solely depends on BIST controller that you using, does it support memory chaining option. This is the first thing that you need to check.

If not, then you can create some workaround for this. Make you BIST controller to be able to test many memories serial of parallel.

Regrading to max number of memories, in general there is no such number. I have seen BIST engines which can support >100 memories, but this is somehow trad-off because memory size that BIST is testing has impact on this number.

My advise is to use several BIST engines to test many memories, this will make your life much more easy.

Thanks,
Hayk

thanks haykp, that's a interview question ,and I can't reply it ,so hope someone can tell me .thanks

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

still, in the memory bist concurrent testing , how many memory with one memory bist controller? how we select a sequential testing and concurrent testing for memory bist

well it all depends on what you do with bist.. if just writing all 1 or all 0, you can run BIST concurrently on all the memory with broadcasted address, but if you run a more complicated address sequence or data sequence, you may need to group some memories that share the same data width, or same depth and make it sequential group by group. Or separating address for each groups.
There are so many ways to make BIST work and it's hard to answer such a broad question. I think whoever asked that question should narrow the situation down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back