Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how many maga pixel camera is sufficient ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
magapixel

how many maga pixel camera is sufficient for good magazine[elektor , epe ,siliconchip ] quality picture .

i want to purchase a camera for my project photo .

how much pixel is suffient

Here are the recommended number of megapixels based on print size. If you crop images a lot, you should increase the minimum suggested megapixels.

Max Print Size Minimum MP Resolution
4 x 6" 2 megapixels 1600 x 1200
5 x 7" 3 megapixels 2048 x 1536
8 x1 0" 5 megapixels 2560 x 1920
11 x 14" 6 megapixels 2816 x 2112
16 x 20" 8 megapixels 3264 x 2468

18 pixel camera

great link !

but , i would like to know , how many mega pixel camera's used in magazines.

7MP , 8MP , 10MP or more than this

hi,

not 7, 8,10MP..... it is still less. i think 2MP or 3MP

the link gives the required information about camera, but what is this Optical Zoom?
6MP with 5X zoom
or
6MP with 10X zoom

is it for high resolution/enlarging?

Old "Analog" camera that used film did only use optical zoom, shifting of the point of focus by changing the length between lenses. The first generation of digital camera's used a very simply trick, simply lower the number of pixels like: one use one skip one use one skip etc.. this made the image two times larger but the file size the same thus like zooming in 2 times !!!.. This is nice but your picture resolution is going down and down if you zoom in 5 or more times.

Better is optical zoom since this will make the projection on the optical sensor larger and thus keeping the resolution the same, problem with this is that lenses need to be very good without defects in the glass etc..

So best is Optical zoom and the fewer the digital zoom, pixels: More does not always mean better, better look at all options and price too. now 8 or 10 M pixels with 10 times optical zoom is perfect for normal people...

5 Meg is suitable for home use. Professional publications us the highest available. The last time I looked, Nikon only made 10 Meg. By now there probably are higher values available.

Back in the film days, professional photographers used film of 3x5 inches and larger. They used 35 mm only in situations where portability was important, such as in journalism. I know of cases where the film was so large that it was the same size as the paper prints that were to be produced.

all the digital cameras hv basically different sizes of lenses. For high quality pictures bigger the lens better.
I hv seen there r 3 sizes mainly available.
One with small lens for home use.
Mid size lens for better quality picture.
Bigger lens cameras r for pro use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back