Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Long can Atom live ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If an Atom is kept away from any form of external influence then how long it will live ? forever ?

Which one? They all have different lifespans :p

No, What i am really Asking is without getting any external influence. How Long an Atom Remains as an Atom ?

For Example : A bigger unstable atom will get divided into two or more atoms, and those two atoms may get divided further. Since there is no external influence, A point will be reached when the smaller atoms stop dividing, how long they will remain as Atom ?

Well, an atom is no longer the same atom if it is splitting, so you can say its life it's over. My question is therefore relevant.
Some say the most stable atoms live forever, some say all matter decay, ergo all atoms die inexorably…

Why would you even ask this kind of question knowing there’s no definite answer? Are you trying to start yet another heated religious debate, ‘cause that’s where all questions without generally accepted answers end up eventually… I’m just curious.

Well, an atom is no longer the same atom if it is splitting, so you can say its life it's over. My question is therefore relevant.
Some say the most stable atoms live forever, some say all matter decay, ergo all atoms die inexorably…

Why would you even ask this kind of question knowing there’s no definite answer? Are you trying to start yet another heated religious debate, ‘cause that’s where all questions without generally accepted answers end up eventually… I’m just curious.

Please try to understand Its not about Same or Different Atom.

How long a simple Hydrogen atom will remain as Atom without getting any external influence ?

My "waste-of-time-meter" is off-scale and is beeping hard right about now!
It was good talking to you...

The universe, as we know it, is and has been in perpetual evolution for the last 14-and-something billions of years ..
The evidence so far is that the matter has been stabile for that period of time, and it doesn’t look like anything extraordinary is going to happen in the billions of years to come ..
What do you mean “forever”
:?::?::?:

My atoms usually live for as long as I keep feeding them.
In fact I'm off now to give them a feast of Pizza and a nice
glass of white wine.

Does anyone know the half life of a b-que chicken Pizza?

jack

Related to the original question about internal stability of atoms, nuclear physicists have clear criteria to distinguish between stable and unstable. Most atom species are stable, respectively supposed to live for ever, unless destroyed by any kind of high energy process they can't stand.

If an Atom is kept away from any form of external influence then how long it will live ? forever ?

You sir post the most insightful questions well worth my time and best efforts to answer!

So without further ado ... the lifetime of an atom kept away from any form of external influence is larger than a goat and smaller than the ocean.

I hope this answer aids you in your journey to further enlightenment. :)

You sir post the most insightful questions well worth my time and best efforts to answer!

So without further ado ... the lifetime of an atom kept away from any form of external influence is larger than a goat and smaller than the ocean.

I hope this answer aids you in your journey to further enlightenment. :)

Is that a sarcasm ?
Goat and Ocean themselves are made up of Atoms.

Last edited:

My atoms usually live for as long as I keep feeding them.
In fact I'm off now to give them a feast of Pizza and a nice
glass of white wine.

Does anyone know the half life of a b-que chicken Pizza?

jack
Found out just now, it should be the time required to travel the shortest distance between you and the pizza hut!

Another sarcasm :???:

Please use ur Hundred billion neurons to solve the query.

...and this is how I know there is no free will! Otherwise why would you continue this pointless discussion/argument?!

Last edited:
Reactions: qqww and rtalcott

rtalcott

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

qqww

Another sarcasm :???:

Please use ur Hundred billion neurons to solve the query.

If you want a serious reply you should ask a serious question that suggests
you at least have a vague grasp of the topic you are dealing with.

jack

If you want a serious reply you should ask a serious question that suggests
you at least have a vague grasp of the topic you are dealing with.

jack

Not only that, but I also suggest you (my_books) reread the reply given by FvM. That's about as good an answer are you're going to get.

Not only that, but I also suggest you (my_books) reread the reply given by FvM. That's about as good an answer are you're going to get.

There are confusions in my mind.

Because i have two thoughts.

1. There are several phenomenon in the universe which externally maintain the integrity called "Atom" . Outta those phenomenons only very few are within the grasp of Humans and their technology such as Energy and Mass. And If the integrity called "Atom" is deprived from all those external phenomenons (known and unknown) then it will collapse.

2. OR, The Integrity called "Atom" is isolated can live forever and doesn't need any external influence to sustain.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

...and this is how I know there is no free will! Otherwise why would you continue this pointless discussion/argument?!

You can't say if its pointless or to the point if u don't know the exact reality.

There are confusions in my mind.
Yeah, you can say that again...
You can't say if its pointless or to the point if u don't know the exact reality.
But maybe I do! Unless proven otherwise, my own little reality is The Reality. And so it is for everyone else and their realities.

To help you understand why you’re being cornered (you seem to fail to do that), take this little (stupid) example: one might come up with a theory saying that the light pressure of the sun at sunset on the [whatever] red object will change its weight with an amount proportional with the tangent of the angle between… and blah-blah (I stop before getting a headache). This theory might sound valid and might even be verifiable on a sunny day between, say 16:37 and 18:49 and we might want to debate the role of the clouds in this or try to extend the formula to work at noon and so on.

But no. You come along and ask “what do the color green weighs in the morning”?
So any debating around that, with no one that can say something for sure, is pointless. Do you see the point?

Arthur

PS: Oh, and the colors are mismatched to show that my perception might differ from yours, but that doesn't make the colors (or time for that matter) less real.

You can however say if it's pointless or to the point if you know that you cannot know the exact reality.

Reactions: arthur0

arthur0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back