Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is the future scope of DFT(Design for Testability)jobs in india as well as abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitbravo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends, After struggle of more than 1 year finally I got job in VLSI domain.
I just got job as a DFT Engineer in a new start up small company in bangalore , india. But learning is good.

I am planing to move abroad after getting 3+ years of experience. So, I want to know that hows the scope DFT engineer jobs in Abroad.
And what are expected salaries according to years of experience.

Please give me some information's. What should I do to improve my career.? I am worried coz my some friends told that DFT engineers has very less opportunities. !!!! HELP!

And pardon for bad english.

I don't think so that the DFT engineer has less opportunity...as Now all company includes the DFT in their ASIC flow...So I don't think so to much worry about it....Just improve the technical skills...it is the only thing which helps more...

thank you maulin sheth for you reply.
yeah i'm currently improving my skillset and working on it.

Hi circuitbravo,

I have the same opinion like maulin sheth. In our current industry the almost 70% engineers are verification engineers and less than 30% are only design engineers, so the opportunity for a DFT or Verification engineer is more than twice as compared to design engineer. So no need to worry about it.

DFT Engineers will always be in great demand because of the obvious statistics as given by Shibin. But the responsibilities on a DFT Engineer will be huge. You need to improve your skills. But most importantly you need to strengthen your basics irrespective of the tools provided by different vendors. Have an exposure to different flows. Don't stick to a single EDA flow. As far as abroad opportunities are considered, you need to look for service companies which can get you such opportunities. It all again depends on their requirements in Client sites. Such offers will be very minimal in Product based firms.

Good luck for your future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back