Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how is the current ICjob market in Toronto and Ottawa/Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ottawa fpga engineer

hi all:
I am an experienced ASIC/FPGA engineer with about 5-6 years of work experience. and I worked for CISCO as hardware engineer for 2.5 years. I went back to China and work for some time, now I am considering going back to Canada. But I heard the job market is poor. Is that true? and my background is mainly IC design and verification, especially verification. I have used specman, verilog, and systemVerilog.
thanks a lot.
harry

headhunters toronto asic

yes it is poor, as is all of north america in this field. but "poor" just means there are still jobs, but you have to be the best to get it.

a friend just got a field in FPGA design, he used a headhunter to help find him a job. maybe this will work for you.

Mr.Cool

current engineering job market in toronto

thanks, Mr. cool, for the kind reply, i graduated from the best engineering school in China, and Carleton University of Ottawa. I believe I am one of the best engineers. I am now a verification lead in a US based start-up company. do you know some good headhunter?
really appreciated
harry

Carleton University of Ottawa
under prof.Tad Kwasniewski?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back