Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is induction coil driven in Induction cooktops ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How is induction coil driven in Induction cooktops ? SCR, TRIAC, IGBT ?

Is PWM used to control the power of the induction coil that is by controlling the phase angle of current to induction coil ?

If yes, can anybody provide me what different PWM duties I have to use to get the different power ratings used in Induction cooktops.

I am planning to produce Induction cooktops and want to use PIC32 MCU for that. Is there any better MCU which can be used for the purpose ?

There are a wide range of topologies used which affect choice of magnetics and drivers. lower f (50kHz) are easier but transparent to aluminum pots. higher f (<500KHz) are more difficult resonant mode and subject to interfere with AM radios but work on Alum. due to eddy current losses.

As usual, Google Images with schematic in keywords is a great start.

https://www.google.ca/search?sclien.....0...1c.1.56.tablet-gws..8.2.231.PjWnzgaA6Z0

Status
Not open for further replies.