Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Interactive C can download P-code to NVSRAM via serial ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsengswc

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help ! Plz 68HC11

I've got finger board(made in MIT, 68HC11) which can connect with PC and Using Iinteractive C to control and download program to NVSRAM !!

My problem is that how and why Interactive C can download P-code to NVSRAM via serial port at the first place, which NVSRAM has nothing in it.

If you want to write program to SRAM , the first thing is supplying Memory
Address then Data.

How amazing is that !! See Serial port is directly coneected with serial port0 and port1 of microcontroller , and microcontroller connect 16 memory address to SRAM , how Interactive C can download P-Code to SRAM directly ?

Plz tell me more about how and why if you can
thanks you

I am not entire sure but based on my knowledge, i think the Interactive C has hidden the machine code from u. That means when u download a program to the board, the Interactive C actually converts your C code into machine code, send the code through the serial port to the 6811. The 6811 then will do the required operations, for instance, write to memory, based on the machine code.

Of course, data can also be written to the SRAM by not only the 6811 but also other devices. However, i think at the end, the Interactive C will still have to tell the 6811 where to read the data.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Know the answer

'coz 68HC11 has special bootstrap mode . When you select this mode, it will excute the program in builtin ROM (configure serial port, and so on)
you can do everything you want on it .... so good

68HC12 has even better functionalities than 68HC11. It even has fuzzy logic instructions for doing fuzzy logic control stuffs. Not to mention the BDM (Background Debugging Mode). BDM is so cool..

68HC12 has even better functionalities than 68HC11. It even has fuzzy logic instructions for doing fuzzy logic control stuffs. Not to mention the BDM (Background Debugging Mode). BDM is so cool.. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back