Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how inject 1mW power to antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

spide

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone guide me how i can inject 1mW of power to the antenna for testing purpose.

Connect it to the network analyser (VNA) and set the output power of 0 dBm which is equivalent to 1mW. Please see reference below.

**broken link removed**

I think he is trying to say "how do I get 1 mW of power into a system with an antenna attached to the front end".

Well, you need to get another antenna, put much more than 1 mW into it, point it at your receive antenna, and somehow calibrate the mess so that 1 mW is received into the antenna's effective aperture.

u mean, i could just use a RF signal generator to set the power of 1mW n connect it to the antenna?

If your question is what I think it is then yes, it is as simple as that.

However, biff44 did get me rethink a little. If biff44 is right, then his proposed method should be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back