Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How important is the selection of scan_in / scan_out pairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

risccpu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scan chain help

Hi,
When I do dft, I just assign test_scan_in port and test_scan_out port based upon the scan ports given by frontend. Could you tell me what impact by the selections of scan_in and scan_out pairs or the orders of scan_in and scan_out pairs? Or need I do other what work such as connecting the chains instead of the automation of tools?
Another question, why did the test coverage decrease by 7% when I reduced the pairs of scan_in port and scan_out port from 30 to 20? The length of chains have increased, but the test coverage decreased a lot. I want to know why this happened.

Best regards,
risccpu

Re: scan chain help

You can assign an IO port in a shared function (Scan_in and data_in or Scan_out and data_out) just indicating the start and end point of a chain. If you don't do this the DFT compiler will create the specific pins for Scan_in and Scan_out. Also if you have a constraint for max length your chain will be cut and another pin pair will be added.

Second. If you have a different clock domains (i.e. clk and /clk) or an improper use of the reset/preset of the flops and you mix the scan chains you will lose coverage because between the domains you will have a data lost. Try to avoid mixing the domains.

scan chain help

the second problem may be solved by inlarge the FTPG pattern number in Tetramax generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back