Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i read timer as counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ala aude

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all i want to make the timer work as counter then i want to read the pulse number that inter to pic 16f84a can any body help me plz???? in mikroc

Hi,
a timer is always a counter. It can count system clocks or other clocks than are created on a equidistant time or it can count external events such as falling or rising edges on a pin.
All you need to do it read the manual how to program the count source to be a certain pin and certain edges.

Hope this help you understanding what to look for and encourages you to spent some time on the solution yourself.
Bob

Hi,

First of all you need to do some set up for example you might need to decide on your clock, calculate preload value, and watch for the overflow flag to set to logic one that means the microcontroller waited the desired delay time.

thanx brother i set the configration bit for the pic and it will be read external pulses then i want to know the number that stored in the counter then i want to out the result in 7segment. its like heart beat monter and i use mikroc if any body help me to write the code

ana_cont

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.