Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How i can use ir receiver and transmitter with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

navneet sngh

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi....to everyone.i am a newcomer in the field of embedded systems.i have bought a kit for practising on 8051,avr,pic,arm,arduino and some other microcontrollers.it also has led's,7 segment display,lcd,ir receiver,ir transmitter etc.i am practising on 8051. CAN someone tell me how to make use of IR TRANSMITTER AND IR RECEIVER WITH 8051.......please help me ...

If you have got the IR modules readymade then they will use an comparator IC at the receiver. the output of the comparator should be given to the controller port pin.. The IR transmitter and reveiver should face each other within a distance of 5 or 6 cms. when they fave each other and signal reaches the receiver then output of comparator will be high... when you place an obstacle inbetween them the output goes low. so this out put should be connected to port pin and scan the port pin ....

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

there is no sample code with the kit...thanx in advance for posting the program

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

can u also tell me how to verify whether my ir transmitter and receiver are working properly by using led's

Power on the led as per circuit diagram shown and see the led usinh mobile camera.... you should see the led On.. If you rig up the receiver as per circuit then thhen turns on when IR is out of range.. so tune the pot to get max range

Dear navneet,
U have asked like (How can i use). For what u r going to use IR? Data transfer or some control applications?

sorry all not for replying so long...
i am using ir transmitter and receiver.A switch is connected with transmitter.When i press the switch,,receiver detect the ir signals.Receiver output is connected with 8051,,which has to turn on a particular relay switch

i am doing like this.am i doing right?can i connect my 8051 microcontroller directly to output of ir receiver?i also want some help in connection of uln2803 wid relay switch.i am using MI-SH-212L relay switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back