Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How I can read out data from serial eeprom with the IC-Prog software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkedvessy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How I can read out data from serial eeprom with the IC-Prog software??? Anyone has schematic for the Paralell port???

eeprom reader software

Hi, I used IC-prog regualrly, and I needed to read/prgram an eeprom recently. The 'JDM eeprom' circuit (addon to the JDM programmer) didn't work for me. So I used 'Ponyprog' and the 'Easy I2C interface'. if your eeprom has I2C.

Here's the URL:

It worked first time.

I think its also supports microwire eeprom types, but I haven't tried it.

Buriedcode.

i2c eeprom reader

Is this the one you used? No other hardware needed?
BR

jdm eeprom

BR, that ponyprog circuit was what I used, no other hardware, very simple. But thats for an I2C chip. Not SPI/microwire. perhaps if you told us what EEPROM you are using?? And remeber, this is with ponyprog software, not IC-prog. But they're pretty similar. Took about 3 minutes to DL the software, build the circuit, and program the chip :D

eprom reader software

I just finished it and it works for the first time!! Great!!
But I wonder whats the function of JP1 in the schematic? Should I connect it to ground or pull it up to +5V?
BTW I'm using it to program 24Cxx I2C chips..Any idea how can I modify it to support SPI/Microwire?
BR..

rhonn

eprom reader

kasamiko, good to hear that!! It worked a treat for me too, these people who write programs like 'ponyprog' and 'IC-prog' are very clever people (and its all free!)

I believe the Jumper (JP1) is a 'write protect' test. Pin 7 of the 24cxx series eeproms is hardwired to ground to prevent its contents being over-written, so I guess the jumper is there to test this. To write to the chip, pin 7 must be pulled up.

The SPI/Microwire interface is on the ponyprog website, theres a link for it about half-way down, but here's the URL :)

http://www.lancos.com/siprogsch.html

This is a base board, to which various 'dongles' can be attached to program different devices. At first glance, it seems you won't need the 'external power' part (in a box in the schem) because SPI/micro doesn't need any VP voltage higher than the supply (5v). So, you'll need the 'basic' base board, and the connections for SPI/uW are shown lower down.

I haven't tried this, but I'm going to build it anyway, got so many bits'n'bobs laying around, those components need to be doing something useful :D

Good luck.

BuriedCode. (stuck in the 80's)

build eeprom reader

One thing I used this programmer is that it connected via LPT port since my laptop has no serial..
That baseboard will be useless for me since it was designed for serial port..
A modification for the I2C programmer to work with microwire is what I need..
Thanks anyway..

rhonn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back