Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How frequently should Transactor work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am always confused with the how frequently should transactor is triggered to work.

For instance, there is a transactor XACTOR_A get a transaction from transactor XACTOR_B, and there is a Mailbox containing transactions connecting these two transactors.

I always using the following simple methods. XACTOR_A check if the Mailbox is not empty every clock (i.e. @posedge clk). If the Mailbox is not empty, XACTOR_A get the transaction from it and run its work sequentially.

When using the upper method, I feel the transactor work on physical layer(because it work depend on clock, and was triggered every clock cycle).

Is there any intuitive explanation about how frequently should Transactor work(especially in CDNS's uRM or SNPS's VMM or MENT's AVM)? Any suggestions will appreciated!

Best regards,
Davy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back