Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How FDFD method is different from FDTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
abc fdfd mur

the FDFD method is different from FDTD, it needs to solve the matrix equation which usually is sparse complex unsymmetric, so we need some package to solve the matrix.

would anyone like to help me?

cst +fdfd

CST has developed a frequency version of Microwave Studio.

Regards

Re: FDFD method

yuyu said:
CST has developed a frequency version of Microwave Studio.

Regards

Hi, yuyu

You mean Frequency Domain Solver ("F") in MWS?

Yes.

Regards

In CST, frequency domain solver is based on FDFD???Can anyone tell me???

CST Microwave Studio is based on FIT (Finite Integration Technique) method. In time domain FIT is similar to FDTD (not the same, you can see several papers uploaded in other subjects. In particular FIT discretizes integral form of Maxwell's equations, no differential one; that has important effects on theorical and pratical basis). In frequency domain FIT is similar to FDFD and is based on Maxwell's equations in the harmonic case.

Regards.

Are you applying the ADI-FDTD?
If so, I think this method is not good. In fact it is just dispensable. :eek:

ADI-FDTD is very good, althogh it has to solve matrix equations

I am tring to applied the ADI-FDTD method, but it does not worked well at this time.
although, I solved spares matrix (the tri diagonal matrix).

Can sombody help me to solved the ADI-FDTD equation in 2D or 3D.

thankx

yuyu said:
CST Microwave Studio is based on FIT (Finite Integration Technique) method. In time domain FIT is similar to FDTD (not the same, you can see several papers uploaded in other subjects. In particular FIT discretizes integral form of Maxwell's equations, no differential one; that has important effects on theorical and pratical basis). In frequency domain FIT is similar to FDFD and is based on Maxwell's equations in the harmonic case.

Regards.

If they are using something similar to FDFD, how are they dealing with spurious modes? Why not just take the FFT of the time domain solution, and you don't have this problem?

u may find this book:Computational methods for electromagnetics,and u can find some codes

FDFD method

how to Use ADI_FDTD well adapted the ABC?

Mur and PML?

zkxing432 said:
u may find this book:Computational methods for electromagnetics,and u can find some codes

aha

FDFD method

I WORKING WITH FDFD 3D METHOD YOU CAN HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back