Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How fast 180nm CMOS Technology is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiran_dam

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Is it feasible to design an inverter chain in 180nm CMOS technology driving 1-2 pF load with propagation delay less than 50 psec?

I know the question is too specific. However, if there is anybbody who is working in 180nm CMOS technology rigourously, then it may be a question of experience to answer. Actually. I am designing an inverter chain to drive 1-2 pF load but the propagation delay is significantly larger. Please help.

I am in 90nm CMOS and I get min inverter driving min inverter delays of 60ps... Therefore a 1-2pF load with 50ps is no possible... Unless there is some amazing design I am not aware about.... Additionally, if you are making an inverter chain, I would say you will get 80ps plus in 180nm per inverter stage, therefore, if you have like 5 to 6 inverters buffering up to drive your 1p-2p load, it will be 80psX5or6...

Jgk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back