Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does this integrator work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matin-kh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I extract this integrator from a paper which is used in AGC circuits to produce control voltage of VGA. I can not understand how it can perform as an integrator because it is a symmetrical CMOS OTA which amplifies the differnce between Vpeak and Vref and if we consider the output capacitor as the capacitor of integrator an amplifier which work as an Op Amp is absent yet.
the integrator shouldn't be like fig.2? so I can't understand how the fig.1 could act as integrator and can control the gain of VGA?
and what is the duty of two R?
Could you please help me?
2.jpg

300px-Op-Amp_Integrating_Amplifier.svg.png

with best regards
Matin :)

A gm-C circuit (OTA + capacitor) is perfectly working as integrator, if it's feeding a high impedance load, e.g. a MOSFET buffer. You should be able to find plenty of literature examples.

The resistors provide "source degeneration", reducing the OTA'S gain and increasing it's linearity and input voltage range.

..the integrator shouldn't be like fig.2?

Why? The 2nd circuit shows an opamp based integrator circuit. This principle cannot be simply transferred to OTA circuits.

A gm-C circuit (OTA + capacitor) is perfectly working as integrator.

FvM could you please tell me some books or pdf files about gm-c circuits to read more about it? :)
thanks a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Why? The 2nd circuit shows an opamp based integrator circuit. This principle cannot be simply transferred to OTA circuits.

because of the picture below i found another integrator circuit which i think M12 acts as an Op Amp and M12, rf, cf is a integrator and i thought the first integrator which i attached isn't like this. i don't know i think i am wrong!!

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back