Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does the mobile phone use gprs???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_seeker

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

Can you please expalin to me how a mobile phone uses GPRS

if i want the moile phone to send data to a PC through GPRS..do I need to know the IP for that PC or what ???

how does that happen??!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

as we use internet on pc by means of a browser so mobile also uses GPRS with the help of wap browser. even for downloading wallpapers,tones etc same browser works. its also same in settings of proxy which we r habitual of doing on pc, almost same method applies for mobile browser settings.

and for mobile to PC communication u need to use some software.
IP based mobile phone GPRS is available in 3G networks and handsets, but sending data to IP is not feasible.

Hello ,

ehsanelahimirza thanks you for youe reply

but can u tell me if there r other ways for mobile to send data to PC..other than the PC's IP address??

in other words..how does the mobile know which PC to send data to (through gprs)???

and ..what is the software needed for mobile to PC communication???

thanks a lot

i havent done some thing like this but i can tell u some similar thing was Live Stream java application. this application authenticates the user by his email address on both PC and Mobile. by matching the address webcam from PC is shown live on mobile. u have to find some application by ur self if it is file transfer.

but if u want to transfer some text, then the best way is via email. mobile to email then email to pc

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.