Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the job market looks like in mainland China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justin999

how about jobs in china

how about jobs in china mainland

how about jobs in china

very poor in shanghai ..

how about jobs in china

it depends on which kind of job you are looking for and your experience level.
As for Analog VLSI, it's quite good

Re: how about jobs in china

They are only three destinations for foreigners, Guangdong province(Shenzhen belong to Guangdong), Shanghai and Beijing, the climate of Beijing is not good, big big wind in winter, IC design is popular.

how about jobs in china

yes, more and more new comer are going to join this field, i think it is not hot after a few years later...

how about jobs in china

No, I come from China, GuangZhou,
As I know, the government encourage this field.
And the salary is good in local, may be poor for foreign.

how about jobs in china

Why to ask this qustion?
you want to work in china?
good china->good man->good job!

how about jobs in china

As far as I know, working in china is not so good, and there are so many digital IC design companys, the government didn't support the field so much like years before. (Just like the network in USA, Hehe)

But the analog design maybe different, just guess.

Cheers,

Davy Zhu

There are many IC design houses in Shanghai,China. Many eningeers who came from US work there.Now, I am working for a firm which focus on 3G IC design and protocol software.The salary is not bad. But in Shanghai, the housing price is too high. A two-bedrooms apartment need value 1000K Yuan(about 120K US dollars) . In China, it is easy to find a new job:)

In China, job opportunity is more than abroad. There are a lot of telecommunication device manufacutre. As you know, telecommunication market is great now, so you may find a hardware job in these companies easily. I work in this field now. I may post more suggestion on what you are interested in.

In China, job opportunity is maybe more than abroad. But not so good in salary.Because there is only a little core design in China.So there is no space for your play,especially in IC design area.

ynhe

It is not difficult to find a job in China, but the pay rate is poor, lots of engineer in Shanghai move to Singapore now

In China sales's pay rate is better than engineers.FAE is better than designer.

ynhe

how about jobs in china

As you know China is very widely, and many cities are very potential, e.g. Dalian. Now there are a lot of Japanese companies, not any from Europe and USA. Moreover, Dalian is very beautiful city near seashore.

how about jobs in china

Welcome to China!
You and us will make things better.
You'll a welcome visitor and engineer.

how much do they pay for a junior analog designer in Shanghai and Shenzhen and beijing?

Also pls give some companies' name in the IC design area?

I was given an oppurtunity do my thesis in Infineon China ,xian but the agreed to pay the fresh Bachelor recruit pay.I was shocked on seeing the figures it was 3500 yuvan which is arround 330€ so the pay is worst compared with Europe and is worst when is considerably low when compared with Singapore or Japan or even India (where in the same infineon you would be paid arround 700 - 800 € and the living cost is just 200€ the MAXIMUM)

well, i don't know where you come from, but in china, if you are still doing your thesis and got paid 3500yuan, it's quite high.
cause not many IC company could afford to offer intership for thesis.

ShangHai maybe good

Status
Not open for further replies.