Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the 74HC14 work in software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billv

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do make the 74HC14 work in software?
The real IC has several ins/outs, power and ground. Yet in software(and in general) it is shown is a triangle,
with one in/out, and NO POWER or GROUND.
How do I replicate what I have on my breadboard?
trig.png

Which characteristic of the 74HC14 are you attempting to simulate in software? Schmitt Trigger or Inverter?

An individual gate of the 74HC14, a Schmitt Trigger Inverter, C the be simulated programmatically as the following:

logical ! operator:
Code:
output = !input

bitwise ~ operator:
Code:
output = ~input

Simulating the Schmitt Trigger characteristic would depend on its particular application.

BigDog

Thanks for your quick reply, but you say it "depends on its particular application"-There is a photo of the schematic in the first post.
I'll try explaining again:
In general, I'm not routing a signal as much through the IC, but creating the signal with the IC.
A 10k pot running from the in to the out, and a capacitor running from input to ground. THATS it. A Simple Osc.
So In hardware terms, all I need is power,ground and a in/output. In software all you get is a in/output- NO POWER or GROUND.
I'm using Tina/Circuit maker/Yenka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back