Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does switched capacitors filter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chichi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how does switched capacitor filter work

i am very new in switched capacitors stuff,i know that SC filters are nowadays very popular,and also know that f and c can generate the resistance,but how did the switched cap generate the cut off frequency of filters?as far as i know,all the poles need R and C,where is the C come from in the switched caps?

chichi said:
i am very new in switched capacitors stuff,i know that SC filters are nowadays very popular,and also know that f and c can generate the resistance,but how did the switched cap generate the cut off frequency of filters?as far as i know,all the poles need R and C,where is the C come from in the switched caps?

There ARE capacitors in switch-cap filters. Since you know the frequent capacitor charging process acts as the resistance, the capacitor next to the "resistor" are the C in RC time and thus cut-off frequency.

Not all the caps "generate the resistance".

u mean ,it's some caps in the switch for example,or the switched cap itself,if the RC time is 1/f,then divide R,we get that C,thus switch cap itselp,sorry,i did not quite get u

Hi chichi !

There are lots of papers and other contributions to find in the internet about SC circuits. The principle of R replacement by a switched (periodically loaded and deloaded) capacitor is not hard to understand.
As one example, have a look at the document attached.
Regards and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back