Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does switch register connected device???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoyanoff

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know what must find a switch to register a connected device? Should it must be just a resistence between 2 of the pins or there must be some information transfer??? I`m creating a device with tcp/ip comunication, but my switch doesn`t find anything connected to if. The led stays off.
Thanks!

It`s microcontroller. When I connect the pcb to switch the light doesn`t turn on. So I want to know if the switch needs only physical connection, this means I have error in the hardware.

Hi
still i am in bit confusion...
are you working with this switch
or with this mechanical switch.
If first is your option, mere connect a board to switch may not blink the LEDs in Ethernet port. Software handshaking protocol has to be implemented.

I`m working with LAN switch!!! I want to know on with pins (1,2,3 or 6) I must have voltage so the switch to register a connected device? Is it posible just to connect 3.3V to any pin and the switch to register a connected device(to turn on the led on the port)???

Status
Not open for further replies.