Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does servo indexer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how servo indexers work?

Hi guys,
I searched how servo controllers work on web, and satisfied but i can't find information on linear interpolation and circular interpolaion. We use pid algorithms, motion profiles but are parameters in procedures (in motion control program) independent in linear and circular interpolation?

Hi ash,
Linear and circular interpolation algos where developed to coordinate motion between two or more axis. All of them I know use just additions and shifts in integer aritmethic to be able to generate motion profiles in real time. I just remember the Bressenham linear interpolation, but there are a lot of others. Take into account that this was done decades ago, when computing power was very expensive. May be now you can get your profile in real time using floating point and trigonometric functions.....
I Hope this helps
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back