Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does PAC use PSS simulation results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I do not feel I understand PSS and PAC simulation very well. Are there some papers which explain PSS and PAC simulation theory in details?
For me, PSS is a time domain period simulation which address the large signal variation.
The question is how PAC coupled with PSS?
For example, a mixer with large LO signal is sumulation with PSS. It will give period output . Then you can apply a small input of RF, a PAC can be tell you the AC gain of the mixer. For example, gain VS LO amplitude. In this case, the PAC is a small signal, how does the PAC use the previous PSS simulation result? I know it should be like first run DC and then run AC analysis. However, how does the PAC simulation use PSS results?

Second, if I want to see the voltage gain VS RF frequency for a fixed LO amplitude. I will run the PSS, and then run PAC with RF frequency sweep in a narrow frequency range.
Again, how does the PAC in this time using PSS simulation results.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back