Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does mobile identify the charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiruthikar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I plug in the charger to the mobile, what is the means of communication between the mobile and the battery, i,e, what signal is generated when a charger is plugged in and where is it generated. How does the mobile know that a charger has been plugged in and allows battery charging? How to get control of that point?

There are API's in the RTO's or program written for mobiles. These are monitored through software where the battery voltage is monitored using a thread. this plugging of charger is an interrupt to the mobile. this interrupt is identified whenever the thread observes this interrupt.

There are API's in the RTO's or program written for mobiles. These are monitored through software where the battery voltage is monitored using a thread. this plugging of charger is an interrupt to the mobile. this interrupt is identified whenever the thread observes this interrupt.

Thank you for your reply. What is API and RTO? Am new to these terms.Can you suggest some sites ?? where can I get information about these ??

I need this information for my project.My project aim is to cut off AC power when the battery is charged to 100%.
We do know that li ion battery has a safe circuit in it, which stops the charging process when it is 100% and takes the a.c supply (not the battery power) if the supply is still plugged in.
But our project is to cut off the a.c power and make the mobile work on the battery power itself even when the a.c is plugged in.
For this I need the control of the signals which identifies the a.c supply.
This will improve the li battery performance as li batteries start to corrode if they stay long in fully charged condition.
I am going to do this using microcontroller.

Last edited:

Thank you for your reply. What is API and RTO? Am new to these terms.Can you suggest some sites ?? where can I get information about these ??

API is application peripheral interface. Theses are inbuilt functions given by the OS itself. e.g. in C programming we some function names but do not write the function completely. like prontf scanf, or in controllers we use some inbuilt function like delay which is got by using some header files. These are maintained as libraries in RTOS.

RTOS are real time operating system used for real time application where we need multiple task to be handled by OS. these are not done by controllers. so a supporting OS should be ported into the controller that gives controller capability to handle multiple tasks which are termed as multi tasking.

refer this link for some details.

**broken link removed**

will explain you about your project a bit later

API is application peripheral interface. Theses are inbuilt functions given by the OS itself. e.g. in C programming we some function names but do not write the function completely. like prontf scanf, or in controllers we use some inbuilt function like delay which is got by using some header files. These are maintained as libraries in RTOS.

RTOS are real time operating system used for real time application where we need multiple task to be handled by OS. these are not done by controllers. so a supporting OS should be ported into the controller that gives controller capability to handle multiple tasks which are termed as multi tasking.

refer this link for some details.

**broken link removed**

will explain you about your project a bit later

Thank you very much. Expecting your help......

Thank you very much. Expecting your help......
In practical, Mobile phones just detect the voltage source connected to it with a certain current limited to particular models of phones. The voltage is then processed by the charge controller chip and then connected to the batteries which are then monitored for bieng fully charged. Cheers
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.