Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does a PIC microcontroller differ from others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dck

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is a PIC microcontroller??
what is the difference compared to a microcontroller?

PIC microcontroller

They are all microcontrollers. PIC is just "Microchips Corporation" designation of the chips that they manufacture. I think it it means something like programmable industrial controller, someone may correct me on this. Whatever the manufacturer they all do much the same sort of thing, just different op codes, functions etc. Pics are a good way to start learning though.

PIC microcontroller

I think it's all about the availability in the market. You can find anywhere a PIC controller whatever electronic shop or store you pop in. It is cheap, so just you throw it away if broken. I agree with GrandAlf, they are good to take a start for learning how to use microcontrollers.

PIC microcontroller

so is there any difference in function of the two??

Re: PIC microcontroller

The differences are specified by the inner archicture, programming, interfase & periferals.
Try reading any article or book on the subject

check this link, about pic micocontroller .

**broken link removed**

dck

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

PLS GO TO FOLLOWING ATTACHMENT

dck

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
PIC microcontroller

i recently came across a AVR microcontroller..
is it any different frm PIC??
or is it jus a product of different companies?

AVR is produced by Atmel. You get different models of a company's uController.
It is possible for example to get a PIC and an AVR that has the same functions.
With functions, I mean for example the same amount of memory, communication methods etc.

I have used PIC, Renesas and AVR. My favourite is the AVR, because of all the online support. Check out www.avrfreaks.net.

But as they said, PIC's are easy to get and have been available for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back