Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does a PC send the color of a picture via LPT port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpionss22

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how pc send the color

HI all

i want to know how pc send the color of the picture
through LPT port

because i want to recognize the data color through it
and build my own card which is deal with color

Thanks for cooperation

how pc send the color

The format of graphical information sent from a PC to a printer varies between different types of printer.

Some of the formats are published such as postscript or the commands used by old dot matrix printers that were often supplied with a large manual that listed all the control codes and other information. Some formats have been reverse engineered by people writing linux drivers.

The format used by some "winprinters" which can only be used with a windows PC are unknown.

how pc send the color

hi

thank u throwaway18 for your reply

i hope u understand what i mean i just want to design interface card on lpt to use the print command
and when i press the print buttom this card will let me know what is the color the pc want to print in this moment

thanks for ur help

how pc send the color

I think you have two options. Either;

1)Obtain a copy of the Microsoft Windows Driver Development Kit for your prefered operating system and write a printer driver that send the color information out of the LPT port in a format of your choice.

or

2)Install a printer driver for a model of printer of your choice. Use a processor or microcontroller on your interface card. Write software to interpret the format used by the printer driver you installed and extract the colour information. If low resoloution is acceptable I'd probably start by trying to use a driver for an old nine pin epson printer.

how pc send the color

THANK YOU throwaway18

would u plz tell me more information and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back